Managing partial insurance coverage

  • Question: We have contacted our Extended Health Insurer and have determined that they will cover 80% of the total purchase price of the equipment. Do we receive the payment directly from our insurer or you they pay you directly? Also, how do you deal with the remaining 20% payable?
  • Answer: Either we obtain a signed ‘Assignment of Payment’ form from the Power of Attorney or the Client, so we can be paid directly from the Insurer or the total amount is paid once the funds are paid to the Client or the Power of Attorney. If we receive the signed AOP form, we will require the remaining 20% to be paid once the equipment has been delivered and setup. If you need any assistance during this process, please call our experienced staff and they can guide you through the process.